command to Change windows password

q12368c

OSNN Addict
Does there have any command line method to change windows 2003 server's password? like unix's passwd?

thk a lot

There isn't a way to do this via command line. The net user command can only be used to add or delete users. This has been done for a reason, security reasons. You can use CTRL+ALT+DEL to change the password or Computer Management (compmgmt.msc).

you can force a password expiration and change out with local polices though.

I eat my words. Good find Shakes.

I didn't know it existed either, your comment made total sense.

I'm GUI happy admin anyways ;) Use command line to add servers to domains, that's about it.

:)

things are so much quicker if you know the command line though.. between that and batch/vbscript, I cut down my routine workloads as much as I can..

edit: I shold say, "things are usually so much quicker.." I know sometimes, the command line can take longer..

edit: I shold say, "things are usually so much quicker.." I know sometimes, the command line can take longer..

Not if you NEVER reboot and NEVER close the CMD window, you can keep using the up and down arrows to repeat commands :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back