command prompt

D

dave_casserly

When i run a console .exe the command prompt opens and shuts down before i have chance to read the messages.

How can i configure command prompt to stay open after ive run a console exe or a batch file.

Cheers

ps. im using XP

You could open command prompt manually using Start>Run>cmd and then run the console exe. It'll stay there then :)

Yeah i know but then id have to type in the path to it which is long and annoying.

Every other application manages to stay open. Im sure there must be some stupid registry setting somewhere. Why doesnt microsoft do config files.

Cheers

Find the EXE in Explorer, go to "Program" and un-tick "Close on exit"

i have the same problem, files will run and then close without showing me a message

alan: it isnt a batch file, its an executable.

farseeker: yeah ive seen that before somewhere. maybe in win98 but it doesnt appear in XP.

I would suggest running the command prompt manually, running your console and see why it is terminating. Since the windows closes so fast.

Dave - sorry - your original post asked about batch files.

You can make the window to stay open by typing CMD /K before the command (ie, cmd /K console)

It can't be done, you have to run cmd manually then run the program.
when you run a command program in run it just executes the program and the program unloads when its finsihed so it closes

You cannot execute the command from RUN and have it do what you want - has to be from a command prompt.

alan: sorry i didnt realise i mentioned batch files in original post. Im not using batch files, i just thought id mention them in the same context.

OK then, if i cant do it then ok. As long as i know i can or cant, then im happy. Wondering leaves me unsettled.

Thanks for help everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back