Command Prompt

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
I am trying to rename a folder from the command prompt but don't know the command. (rename will only work for files) It is a long winded story why I'm using the command prompt & not WE. Anyone know the command.....if it exists.

Tried that. I get a syntax error. Seems that rename & ren do the same thing. Thanx anyway.

Tested it here (WinNT4). Works fine for me.

Do you have a space included in your Folder name? If so... use quotes (eg. REN "program files" "prog files"). Do not do this for your program files folder as your applications wil not work. ;)

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

That might be why it is not working. Oh well no big deal. I was trying to change 'progra~3' to 'progra~1'. In the WE window it comes out as 'program files' so I might leave it alone. cheers :D

Khayman:

WOT?!?! You cannot rename folders? Wow! What OS are you using? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back