[Coming Soon] Canon Pixma MP500

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Very nice multifunction unit. I will probably be getting this when it comes out. :lick:

Available in September 2005

mp500_586x225.jpg

Print Speed (up to)
Black: 29 ppm (approx. 2.1 seconds/page)*
Color: 19 ppm (approx. 3.2 seconds/page)*
Color Photo: 4" x 6" borderless: approx. 51 seconds*

Nozzles
Black: 320
Color: 256 x 2 (Y, Bk)
512 x 2 (C,M)
Total: 1,856

Print Resolution (up to)
Black: 600 x 600 dpi**
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi** :lick:

Ink Compatibility
PGI-5 Pigment Black
CLI-8K Black (yes, there are two blacks)
CLI-8C Cyan
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8Y Yellow

Ink Droplet Size
1 and 5 picoliters :eek: :lick:

Scanning Resolutions (Max)
Optical: 1200 x 2400 dpi
Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi

Mono Copy Speed (up to)
Black: 29 cpm (approx. 2.1 sec/page)*
Color: 19 cpm (approx. 3.2 sec/page)*

Other
2.5" LCD preview screen :lick:
Bluetooth interface (optional) :lick:
IrDA :lick:
Media slots for CompactFlash, Micro Drive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card and MultiMediaCard

Owned an HP, Epson, Lexmark and Canon, and I have to say I personally prefer Canon's stuff over all the others.
Have a Pixma IP4000 now. The MP500 looks slick. :)

I agree, I have a Canon MP something that prints great photos and scans nicely, the scanner is noisy is my only complaint.

heck.. i love the canon printers.. I got a cheap (<$20 after rebates) Canon iP3000 Pixma and I love it. Fast.. built-in duplex, and outstanding prints (even borderless printing on photos).

We've had HP's and Kodak photo printers for more money that just didn't compare.

i have a canon i550 and the damn thing needs a new printer head. i cant find it anywhere.

VenomXt said:
i have a canon i550 and the damn thing needs a new printer head. i cant find it anywhere.
Have you tried contacting Canon directly?

Glad to hear some of you have good experience with Canon's printers. I've had two of the companies digital cameras and really enjoyed both, but I've never had a printer.

My previous two printers have been Epson, and both have had problems with nozzles clogging, to the point that I'm doing 4 or 5 head cleanings without much result. That wastes ink (and my money), and it shouldn't happen as often as it does. :mad:

All that to say... I'm looking forward to this Canon! :)

muzikool said:
My previous two printers have been Epson, and both have had problems with nozzles clogging, to the point that I'm doing 4 or 5 head cleanings without much result. That wastes ink (and my money), and it shouldn't happen as often as it does. :mad:
Had exactly that same problem with the Epson C84 that we had too. Then one fine day it stopped printing altogether, even after cleaning out the heads multiple times. Wasted a whole set of new cartridges and decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

I do like my HP printer too. It's been running flawlessly for years and years.

It's really a shame about the Epsons. When they work they work well, but like you, I wasted $30 or so on a black cartridge that only worked for about a week and now is halfway empty due to all the cleaning attempts. Oh well, you live and learn. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back