Comcast!!!!

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
THEY UPDATED!!!!!! 4000/386 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

dsl is for suckers :)

yepper :) My connection is GODLIKE!!! unreal!
the freakin pages and downloads are almost instant....supurb

i have recieved the 500ks but getting close. I think its around 450 for me. But still won't hear my complain.

Only if it wasnt so much :\...but since my mom is giving all the child support from my dad back to him cause of his money troubles and all the cancer crap i wont be getting it till i get a job but my dad is more imporant but then again its like 20$ a month for like 6 months and by then i will have a job :).

yea they are giving some good deals with it. If you really want some speed pay the $10 more and get i think its 6mbit instead of the 4mbit. That would be nice to have. /me can't wait for the 10+mbit days

I got 1.5Mb connection I think its supposed to be 768 down and 384 up.... I rarley get that... and now that Im moving in with my g/f and she cant get cable in her apt complex, I cant have cable Im going to verizon dsl and my DLs now WAYYYYY DOWNNNN all the way down to like 160 kbps... That just sux when on a bad day I was getting 200k on my cable connection

:cry:

I have been @ 4000/386 for over a month now - very speedy - except the new Comcast Home page - man have they ever messed that up! "Our ISP's Homepage" and it's one of the slowest loading pages I go to! Go figure!!!:speechless:

mlakrid said:
I got 1.5Mb connection I think its supposed to be 768 down and 384 up.... I rarley get that... and now that Im moving in with my g/f and she cant get cable in her apt complex, I cant have cable Im going to verizon dsl and my DLs now WAYYYYY DOWNNNN all the way down to like 160 kbps... That just sux when on a bad day I was getting 200k on my cable connection

:cry:

what kind of apartment does she live in that doesn't have cable?

They do have cable, the problem is, it is proprietary to the apartment complex... TVMAX... never heard of them before... seems weird to me too, they told my G/F no other cable companies are allowed in the complex, seems that would be a monopoly to me.... I hate it...
and Verizon claims that area is a 1.5 DSL HA! either the lines are supremely dirty or we are WAAAAYY far away from the connection point....

:(

i think 1.5 is all verizon can offer on there DSL right now, at least that is what they told me when i installed in a few months ago in venice.

mlakrid said:
They do have cable, the problem is, it is proprietary to the apartment complex... TVMAX... never heard of them before... seems weird to me too, they told my G/F no other cable companies are allowed in the complex, seems that would be a monopoly to me.... I hate it...
and Verizon claims that area is a 1.5 DSL HA! either the lines are supremely dirty or we are WAAAAYY far away from the connection point....

:(

Usually if you live in an apartment complex, they have a contract with the local cable company so you're pretty much stuck with what is available.....

Yea thats not what bothers me, what friggin cable Co doesnt have highspeed internet?? What losers... they don't know how much business they are losing... christ I wish I had a better connection.... :(

Nice capture... which site did you do that with?

Curse you all. I hate the UK *packs bags and moves to sweden*

yeah it does suck i remember when i lived there 500 download speed, i thought that was awesome, haha what a joke.....

But you have to give it to BT, they have rolled out the system pretty quickly over the last 7 yrs or so.

Little trick to reduce your comcast bill...i just passed the 6 mo mark & they upped me to the full $55/mo or whatever. Call in & tell them that you really like their service, but you just cant afford it and you have to switch to DSL. They will offer to extend the introductory rate another 6 months if you stick with their service =) Works with cable tv too, but they won't reduce it quite as much...my comcast bill dropped from ~$95/mo to ~$55/mo =D

ok also works with AOL, my wife has used it for 1 1/2 yrs without paying she just says she wants to cancel it and they give her another couple of months.

Yeah thats pretty much what alot of people do. We did that for like 3 years but then got cable and then i got in trouble so i got internet took away for awhile and now i have net zero which sucks ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back