• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Comcast!!!!

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
yepper :) My connection is GODLIKE!!! unreal!
the freakin pages and downloads are almost instant....supurb

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
Only if it wasnt so much :\...but since my mom is giving all the child support from my dad back to him cause of his money troubles and all the cancer crap i wont be getting it till i get a job but my dad is more imporant but then again its like 20$ a month for like 6 months and by then i will have a job :).

mooo

thecyberninja
yea they are giving some good deals with it. If you really want some speed pay the $10 more and get i think its 6mbit instead of the 4mbit. That would be nice to have. /me can't wait for the 10+mbit days

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
I got 1.5Mb connection I think its supposed to be 768 down and 384 up.... I rarley get that... and now that Im moving in with my g/f and she cant get cable in her apt complex, I cant have cable Im going to verizon dsl and my DLs now WAYYYYY DOWNNNN all the way down to like 160 kbps... That just sux when on a bad day I was getting 200k on my cable connection

:cry:

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
I have been @ 4000/386 for over a month now - very speedy - except the new Comcast Home page - man have they ever messed that up! "Our ISP's Homepage" and it's one of the slowest loading pages I go to! Go figure!!!:speechless:

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
mlakrid said:
I got 1.5Mb connection I think its supposed to be 768 down and 384 up.... I rarley get that... and now that Im moving in with my g/f and she cant get cable in her apt complex, I cant have cable Im going to verizon dsl and my DLs now WAYYYYY DOWNNNN all the way down to like 160 kbps... That just sux when on a bad day I was getting 200k on my cable connection

:cry:
what kind of apartment does she live in that doesn't have cable?

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
They do have cable, the problem is, it is proprietary to the apartment complex... TVMAX... never heard of them before... seems weird to me too, they told my G/F no other cable companies are allowed in the complex, seems that would be a monopoly to me.... I hate it...
and Verizon claims that area is a 1.5 DSL HA! either the lines are supremely dirty or we are WAAAAYY far away from the connection point....

:(

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
i think 1.5 is all verizon can offer on there DSL right now, at least that is what they told me when i installed in a few months ago in venice.

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
mlakrid said:
They do have cable, the problem is, it is proprietary to the apartment complex... TVMAX... never heard of them before... seems weird to me too, they told my G/F no other cable companies are allowed in the complex, seems that would be a monopoly to me.... I hate it...
and Verizon claims that area is a 1.5 DSL HA! either the lines are supremely dirty or we are WAAAAYY far away from the connection point....

:(
Usually if you live in an apartment complex, they have a contract with the local cable company so you're pretty much stuck with what is available.....

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
Yea thats not what bothers me, what friggin cable Co doesnt have highspeed internet?? What losers... they don't know how much business they are losing... christ I wish I had a better connection.... :(

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
yeah it does suck i remember when i lived there 500 download speed, i thought that was awesome, haha what a joke.....

But you have to give it to BT, they have rolled out the system pretty quickly over the last 7 yrs or so.

Little trick to reduce your comcast bill...i just passed the 6 mo mark & they upped me to the full $55/mo or whatever. Call in & tell them that you really like their service, but you just cant afford it and you have to switch to DSL. They will offer to extend the introductory rate another 6 months if you stick with their service =) Works with cable tv too, but they won't reduce it quite as much...my comcast bill dropped from ~$95/mo to ~$55/mo =D

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
ok also works with AOL, my wife has used it for 1 1/2 yrs without paying she just says she wants to cancel it and they give her another couple of months.

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
Yeah thats pretty much what alot of people do. We did that for like 3 years but then got cable and then i got in trouble so i got internet took away for awhile and now i have net zero which sucks ass.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies