Fixed Comcast.net is blocking emails

X-Istence

Political Access
Hello OSNN Comcast subscribers,

I just wanted to quickly post to let members that are using comcast.net email addresses know that Comcast has blocked our mail server from sending emails to you. The emails you would be receiving from us, for instance about updates to your account, new posts, private messages will not be able to be delivered.

I am working on getting the issue resolved and hopefully soon email will once again flow from us to Comcast subscribers, in the mean time please update your OSNN account with one that does not reside with Comcast so that you may continue to receive communications from OSNN.net.

If you signed up for an account with us, and have not received the activation email, please contact me by emailing me at xistence [at] osnn.net and I will get your account sorted out.

Thank you,
Bert JW Regeer
System Administrator

Last edited:
What did the site do to get blacklisted?

Edit: the reason should be in the error messsage.

What did the site do to get blacklisted?

Edit: the reason should be in the error messsage.

The error message is a link to a 404 website. From what I have been able to gather, it is because apparently the kind of emails we send (2000+ members here have Comcast) and in patterns they are sent, our mail server is tagged as a source of spam.

I don't have more information. We are not listed in any RBL's, nor has our IP ever been listed, we have never sent spam and as such I am not sure why we have been tagged as spam by Comcast.

I am glad I dumped Concast. They got bad real quick ...

The error message is a link to a 404 website. From what I have been able to gather, it is because apparently the kind of emails we send (2000+ members here have Comcast) and in patterns they are sent, our mail server is tagged as a source of spam.

I don't have more information. We are not listed in any RBL's, nor has our IP ever been listed, we have never sent spam and as such I am not sure why we have been tagged as spam by Comcast.

Maybe you already know this...From what I understand you go here to get off the list or get more info.

http://www.comcastsupport.com/Forms/NET/blockedprovider.asp

Already filled out, twice. Still no answer from them. I am on top of it American Zombie. Don't worry.

I noticed this, but thought it was our server for osnn. In the last couple of days i have be recieving some message, I switching to a U-verse package after the 26th anyway, thanks.

I still have not received any information from Comcast on when this is going to be resolved.

Nope, no updates. As far as I am aware we are still blocked.

I haven't used an isp email address in I don't know how long .. Couple of years easy ..

Is the fact our IP is changing and my lack of plans to spam email anytime in the near future going to resolve this?

Is the fact our IP is changing and my lack of plans to spam email anytime in the near future going to resolve this?

With the new IP it won't be instantly blocked, but most likely we will be blocked again in the near future. Comcast's anti-spam system is one of the worst designed systems any ISP has ever implemented.

And I say that currently being a Comcast subscriber, unfortunately they are the only ones that do Internet where I live.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back