Combine DVD Chapters?

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I have 3 DVDs (across 4 discs) of Ali G stuff which also contains a lot of stuff with Borat. Now Borat is my fave, and often I just like to watch all the Borat stuff so I thought I'd try to create a DVD of everything I have of his. As far as I know, each Borat section has it's own chapter, so essentially what I want to do is identify and rip each chapter of Borat, then stick them all together on one disc (or 2 if I can't fit everything on).
What's the best way to do this? Should I extract the VOB files for each chapter and then try to combine them with another program? I've looked through the FAQs etc on Doom9.org but I can't find anything about this. Obviously I could just rip and encode everything to divx then re-encode them into MPEG2 for the DVD but that seems to be going the long way round and would also lose quality by compressing and then re-compressing.
Anyone got any suggestion? Reps for anyone that can help. Cheers.

EDIT: I've mostly sorted this now, I used a combination of DVD Decrypter and SmartRipper to extract the relevant VOBs, now I'm just compiling them onto a DVD. The only other thing I'd like to is to cut the first 30 seconds or so from the first VOB, as that one contains an awful introduction by Ali G. Does anyone know of a good way to cut/crop VOB files and then save as a VOB file too?

Last edited:
NeroVison 3 (that's the version I use from ver 6) will do all that you ask. You can add the VOB's and do pretty much what you want, including trimming. Note under More-> Video Options, tick 'Enable Smart Encoding' so it doesn't re-encode any DVD ready files.

Oh nice one, I've got nero 6 (OEM at least) so I'll have a look through and see what I can do with it. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back