Colored Vertical Lines

L

LifeSux

I need help desperately.... ever since clean installing XP, i keep getting vertical lines with different colors... it happens randomly, like just clicking on the IE button on the quicklaunch bar... it even happens sometimes when i start the computer! I can't trace the problem and there are no error reports or anything.... the whole PC just hangs and I see vertical colored lines (different colors everytime it happens)...
i have upgraded all my drivers to XP compatible ones, and a few aren't certified.... i suspect it might be my detonator drivers, but when i checked the device manager everything is running fine..
FYI my specs are:
Pentium III 933Mhz,
256MB SDRAM,
20.0GB HDD
PCCHIPS socket 370 M/Board
Built in aLi Nvidia TNT2
Built in 56K PCTEL Modem
Lite-On 24x10x40 CDRW
52X CD-ROM
If anyone has experienced the same thing and can help, i would really appreciate it.... thanx in advance....

-Joe

Definitely try using a different set of video drivers...usually colored lines with a video problem = driver problems or heat problems, but since your video is onboard and you didn't mention it being O/c'ed I would doub it's heat but anything is possible. Also make sure your monitor is set at it's optimal refresh rate and didn't somehow get set higher.

make sure the northbridge fan on the mobo is still going. might have gone out.

i'm assuming there's one since it has onboard video.

erm, dont think that its a heat problem, cuz i never encounter this problem while playing games, which make the chip hotter, rite?
i think Qumahlin is rite.... but i still don't know how to fix the prob cuz the drivers i had when i bought the com aren't xp drivers.... n i never had this prob when i was running ME......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back