Collateral

Hsn

King
Has anyone seen this yet? I've heard some great reviews about it. Some people are saying that this is one of Cruise's best performances. And I've also heard that Jamie Foxx has already been nominated for an Academy Award as an actor in a supporting role.

Would be interesting to hear your opinions. I really want to see this movie.

I want to see it really bad looks like an awsome movie. I might go see it this weekend if i can...if i do i will report on it :).

hsn said:
Has anyone seen this yet? I've heard some great reviews about it. Some people are saying that this is one of Cruise's best performances. And I've also heard that Jamie Foxx has already been nominated for an Academy Award as an actor in a supporting role.

Would be interesting to hear your opinions. I really want to see this movie.
Jamie Fox cant nominated... they dont start that till the new year. Let alone his acting skills lack ... well any sort of acting. Cruise hasnt dont anything worth noting since Interview w/ The Vampire

2006 he is doing a remake of War of the Worlds w/ Speilberg. Now that I was looking forward to till I found out Cruise is in it.

Actually, I find Cruise to be a good actor. He was great in The Last Samurai, and this movie looks really interesting based just on trailers.

o_87 said:
Actually, I find Cruise to be a good actor. He was great in The Last Samurai, and this movie looks really interesting based just on trailers.
I saw the movie and Cruise plays his typical martyr character ... movie was interesting but not very accurate at all. Sword fights was kewl but some of the dialogue was tough to understand

PseudoKiller said:
I saw the movie and Cruise plays his typical martyr character ... movie was interesting but not very accurate at all. Sword fights was kewl but some of the dialogue was tough to understand

I don't think the movie purpose was to be accurate, somehow I don't think an American was the Last Samurai :p

PseudoKiller said:
Jamie Fox cant nominated... they dont start that till the new year. Let alone his acting skills lack ... well any sort of acting. Cruise hasnt dont anything worth noting since Interview w/ The Vampire

2006 he is doing a remake of War of the Worlds w/ Speilberg. Now that I was looking forward to till I found out Cruise is in it.
My mistake, I meant to say that both of these have given Oscar-worthy performances. I probably misunderstood.

Tom Cruise performed pretty well in The Last Samurai. Will have to see if he does any better in this movie as a villain.

"I don't think the movie purpose was to be accurate, somehow I don't think an American was the Last Samurai :p"

i don't think the movie was trying to say cruise was the last samuri, it was, i think, more about cruise's characters experience with the last samuri.

anyway, i saw the trailers for collateral, looked good.

Michael Mann is known to bring out great performances from his actors... Will Smith and Jamie Foxx in "Ali," Russell Crowe in "The Insider," and everyone in "Heat." ;) He is one of my favorite directors and I'm really excited to see "Collateral" because I've been waiting for it for months. I didn't see it tonight though because I don't want to be in a packed theater full of potential distractions. I'm sure to have a lot to say about it once I see it though. :)

Well i saw the movie tonight. It's definately worth checking out. Not much for a surprise ending though. Thought it could have been better.

kreepy... start a new thread with [MOVIE REVIEW] in the title... an official review thread so to speak...

wrt tom cruise I personally think he's a great actor... he's had some good roles... especially considering how commercial his movies are..

I was not a fan of MI:2 but MI was brilliant :)

last samurai I loved (cept for the sentimental and un-realistic ending)

tom cruise did a good job but the real star of that movie was ken watanabe and he made everyone else better :D

magnolia was decent and i thought tom was also fantastic in Eyes Wide Shut...

jamie foxx... I've loved him snce I saw his HBO special and Any Given Sunday :cool:

he's a versatile fella and has talent... look @ ali for example...

I am looking forward to Collateral if for nothing else than to see these guys perform...

I saw it tonight, though I, umm haven't really done movie reviews or what not before. Umm... :D It was decent...

And yeah, though there are some roles I wouldn't be sure about Tom Cruise playing (if the Dragonball theatrical movie were to come out, I don't think I'd want him playing Goku for instance...), the role he played in the Last Samari was decent...

Sazar said:
kreepy... start a new thread with [MOVIE REVIEW] in the title... an official review thread so to speak...
decent and i thought tom was also fantastic in Eyes Wide Shut...

I was just saying that i saw it, because the beginning of this thread starts off by asking if anyone has seen it yet. Don't really want to start a review so as to not give away any spoilers.

No worries. You can always use the spoiler tags. ;) :)

jah... you can just say what you liked w/o giving away plot details and the like and rate it for those of us who have not seen it yet...

Saw it last week. I thought it was a very well directed and very well acted film. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

-Wrath

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back