Colin mcrae 3 Quitting too desktop

K

-kReV-

hey

xpsp1
xp1800
1gb ddr
Gf4 mx460 (44.03 dets)

Just installed my copy of CM3, installed fine, go too start it, and it seems too load, then the screen goes blackand then just closes and goes back too desktop???:mad:

any ideas? Thanx

cm3 relies on dx9, so if u havent installed it yet this might be a good time :)
if u already got it i have no clue sorry :(

have been on direct x9 for quite some time..
also no patches availiable :(

i had this exact same problem with the game Vietcong, started up, then quit too desktop...

out of hundreds of games, these 2 are the only ones that have given me problems:(

thanks for ya replies guys

kReV;)

hmm check if you are using a forced refresh rate or something..

no forced refresh rate..

in the nvidia driver options i left as "application controls rate"

me thinks he should get a proper no cd patch for the warez :p

lol, if that was the problem he would atleast get a cannot find cd message. but you can always try see if it works out

ive had games do that without message ,pop up box untill i got the rite patch :)

yeah i once got a game that didnt work also without no-cd crack. hmm cant find any no-cd at my usual site...

the game doesnt need the cd in too play.. nor does it require a Serial or anything...
the only protection is securerom for copying the cd's itself

so there will never be a no-cd patch

but hopefully one day a upgrade:rolleyes:

I've had that happen on some games (bought, uncracked w/serial# etc.) when working off an old CDROM. It can also happenw ith some of the newer CDROM or especially DVD/CDROM.

Copy protection schemes break (or at least thoroughly bend) the CDROM Standard. Some drive designs just don't have enough margin to accomodate the copy protection.

One way to tell the difference between wrong cd, bad crack, etc and an compatibility issue is whether you get the "wrong cd" message or just crash back to desktop.

Try the CD in another drive, preferably a recent cdrom (no RW no dvd) if you can borrow one.

as i said this one doesnt need a cd too be in drive while u play

the drive i installed from is a plextor 24x10x32

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back