Coldplay's New Album (Launch Date Inside!)

It was also available on Coldplay.com to listen to in its entirety. I can wait a few more days before listening to it, though. ;)

Not such a fan of coldplays music, but I have to respect their rise :)

I listened to the whole album from coldplay.com...it's nice but as always I need to listen to it more than once and with better quality to make a judgement.

And the whole album has been leaked...erm...must resist the temptation.

It is tempting, but it's less than a week away!

Okay, I couldn't stop myself after I read a couple of great reviews.

I managed to get my hands on the leaked version of the album earlier yesterday. Listened to it about 4 times through. ****ing love it! But you knew that already. And before you call me a thief, I've preordered the album already. Anyway, I'll write up a proper review if time permits in the next few days, which it likely won't as Grad is tommorow

But, this album is beautiful, and it would be a damn shame if you don't give it a listen.

Never heard of Coldplay until that frog became #1 single in UK. I went to Coldplay site and had a listen - sorry but they suck (IMHO)

*edit - ok maybe "they" don't suck. I'm sure they are all great musicians - just the music does not capture anything in my heart (or whatever you call it) - nothing "catchy" at all - bland.

First of all...the quality on their site isn't that great. Second, most of their music (especially their new album), takes more than one brief listen to start liking it... :)

But hey, if you don't like them, you don't.

Quality of sound is not it. There is no catchy tune. If you have to listen to them repeatedly to like them, then something is wrong. Sorry but their title, "Coldplay" fits them well. Just about everyone I know does not like them. It's (new) British pop isn't it? That explains it. (our musical tastes differ)

Take for instance the very old album by Blind Faith (British rock) (Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, ect) instantly every single song was great from first listen.

Last edited:
I maintain that Green Eyes is one of my favorite songs and always will be.

lynchknot said:
Quality of sound is not it. There is no catchy tune. If you have to listen to them repeatedly to like them, then something is wrong. Sorry but their title, "Coldplay" fits them well. Just about everyone I know does not like them. It's (new) British pop isn't it? That explains it. (our musical tastes differ)

Take for instance the very old album by Blind Faith (British rock) (Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, ect) instantly every single song was great from first listen.

I usually equivocate "catchy tune" with "radio-friendly." An artist or band doesn't have to be good to write a radio-friendly song... there are plenty of these by bands that I consider to be absolutely terrible. The song sticks in your head because it is catchy, but there can be nothing impressive about the music or lyrical content.

As someone who appreciates great music and songwriting, I recognized that Bruce Springsteen's name always came up as a great talent -- that his songwriting was superb and that the music of the E Street Band was awesome. I basically forced myself to listen through his Greatest Hits several times, giving his music the opportunity to make an impression on me. At some point I came to understand why he has this following, and now I'm a fan of his music and consider him very talented. <-- This is just an example of how it can be necessary to give music repeated listens -- not all great music is catchy enough to make you like it during the first listen.

People will have different tastes in music, but I say the above just to encourage people to try and expand their horizons when it comes to music. In the past I've been guilty of stubbornly sticking to certain genres of music or specific bands, but it's fun and enlightening to give something new a chance.

I'm looking forward to hearing the new album... over and over and over and over... :D

muzikool said:
I usually equivocate "catchy tune" with "radio-friendly." An artist or band doesn't have to be good to write a radio-friendly song... there are plenty of these by bands that I consider to be absolutely terrible. The song sticks in your head because it is catchy, but there can be nothing impressive about the music or lyrical content.

As someone who appreciates great music and songwriting, I recognized that Bruce Springsteen's name always came up as a great talent -- that his songwriting was superb and that the music of the E Street Band was awesome. I basically forced myself to listen through his Greatest Hits several times, giving his music the opportunity to make an impression on me. At some point I came to understand why he has this following, and now I'm a fan of his music and consider him very talented. <-- This is just an example of how it can be necessary to give music repeated listens -- not all great music is catchy enough to make you like it during the first listen.

People will have different tastes in music, but I say the above just to encourage people to try and expand their horizons when it comes to music. In the past I've been guilty of stubbornly sticking to certain genres of music or specific bands, but it's fun and enlightening to give something new a chance.

I'm looking forward to hearing the new album... over and over and over and over... :D

Excellent way to put it :)

Expand my horizons? Hehe, I'm into Jazz, Jazz fusion, Rock, Old time rock and roll (60-80), Metal, Classical, Pop, Blues, some Country, and very little Rap - but no Coldplay whatsoever. It's no big deal fellas. I'm just not into that type of sound.

I don't equate "catchy" with "radio friendly" I like music - not for how much airplay, then familiarity sets in and makes one like it. I like what it stirs inside of me at first play. I judge by first impression, not by reviews and familiarity of a tune. If I don't like it, I don't buy it.

I don't even listen to the radio in the first place. That is why I never heard of Coldplay.

BTW, I don't like Bruce Springsteen. Never have, never will - in all the years i've heard him play. Yes, there is a radio playng when contructing a house or other people's cars - but not mine.

My family is very musical. We all play instuments. I just gave it up to become an athlete instead.

Last edited:
got two tix also for the MI DTE Energy Music Theatre in August. cant wait..will be a great concert :)

You guys HAVE to post about getting tickets to a show :mad:... arrghh why can't they come to Alberta? :cry:

Anyways, congrats. :)

Just got 2 tickets for the Coldplay show in Minneapolis on September 20. I'm moving there this summer, if you are wondering why there :p

They aren't the best seats, but **** it's Coldplay!

edit: Just found some great seats on eBay that cost marginally more than what I bought mine for...but I'm screwed because you can't cancel tickets from ticketmaster. :dead:

Last edited:
I really want to get the seats off of eBay...they are only $20 more and row 19!!!

Dont think its all that good., only one song stands out and thats Fix You and thats cause his voice sounds dodgy has...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back