Coldplay's New Album (Launch Date Inside!)

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Well I decided to pop on over to the Coldplay site and what a surprise - its got a nice new design, and more importantly it had some concrete news on the new album! Among other things mentioned, it WILL be coming out this year! Man I can't wait!

Also, the band has started touring again althogh all dates and places mentioned on the site are in Europe at the moment. I will definitely be getting tickets for a concert from them...and I'm going to ****ing make sure I get a ticket! :p

NME.com got to listen to six tracks off the album called ‘Square One, ‘Talk’, ‘‘Till Kingdom Come, ‘X&Y’, What If’ and ‘The Hardest Part

It's supposed to be a "huge progression" from the classic Coldplay sound, and apparently has influences from 70's era electronica, such as David Bowie, Bob Dylan, and Brian Eno.

The dedication that the band has to make this album better than the previous in every way is reinforced by the fact thay they scrapped over 40 songs last year while making the new album and they even went back to rehearsing as a four-piece band without the aid of techonology.

I'll leave with a quote from Chris from the interview:

"We’ve got some ****ing good songs. That’s one thing we are sure of. I don’t think we’ll top this. I always say that, but this time I really mean it. I really don’t think we’ll top it."
I have no doubt that it is going to be absolutely fantastic...or I will be quite dissapointed. No pressure for the band right? :p

Also, is NME a British magazine? I want to somehow land a copy of the one with the full interview.

Re: Coldplay's New Album

Interesting. I like a lot of their music.
And yes, NME is a UK-based mag. You could see if one of our Brit buddies here at OSNN could possibly get hold of a copy for you. :)

If I like this album, I'm going to have to divulge in their influences for this album as well then :)

I honesty think Coldplay is the best band in the world right now.

Looking forward to the album. I like most of their songs. :)

More info!

Coldplay have released the cover art for their new album, entitled X&Y, which is to be released 6th June 2005. The first single on the album, Speed of Sound, will make it's worldwide radio debut on Monday April 18th, 2005 at Radio 1.

Immediately following this, the single will be available to listen to using the new "Coldplayer" at Coldplay.com!

The announcement was made by email to members of the Coldplay websites’ In My Place member area. The announcement, which also contained the 12-track listing, continued:

Not to sure what word best describes it, but candiates are ‘interesting’ and ‘random’. The album, called X&Y will be released officially on 6th June and the tracklist is shown below. The song ‘Talk’ has been floating around the net for a few weeks, and is pretty pleasant. The press have said that the band weren’t sure whether whether or not to include it once it had been leaked, but I’m glad it’s there.

Tracklist:

1. Square One
2. What If’
3. White Shadows
4. Fix You
5. Talk
6. X&Y
7. Speed Of Sound
8. A Message
9. Low
10. The Hardest Part
11. Swallowed In The Sea
12. Twisted Logic

x&y.jpg

Only a month and a half away! And I can't wait till Monday to listen to the single either!

Coldplay is one of a buch of few bands I still injoy listening to......

I can't wait for this! The single is available on iTunes now.

Heard the new single yesterday and it sounds exactly like Clocks :speechless:

hsn said:

Hmm, that's interesting. They should do what U2 does and take the success as a challenge. If they receive the most outstanding reviews ever, then that will challenge them to make keep making music that is just as good or even better. They might not succeed every time, but the fact is that they are capable of making incredible music. It might also be a good idea to ignore the tabloids as much as possible... that way you're not letting the media affect you doing what you love.

I think I read somewhere that Martin said that as a joke and the magazine thought he was serious.

Evil Marge: Speed of Sound (the single you heard) is supposed to be the most watered down song in the whole album, and was made as the mass appeal song ;) The album will *hopefully* be much better.

I just got fanclub pre-sale tickets to the Houston Coldplay show in September! I'm 8 rows back from the pit!!! YEE-HAW! :D :p

muzikool said:
I just got fanclub pre-sale tickets to the Houston Coldplay show in September! I'm 8 rows back from the pit!!! YEE-HAW! :D :p

I hate you.

muzikool said:

I hate you too... with a passion. :mad:

ok, so it leaked.
i preordered this one... and ordered the other 2.
i wasnt much of a coldplay fan... been kind of teetering on the fence..

this one is epic. i get goosebumps.
that means its the one

haha

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back