Cold Mountain

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I saw this film tonight. It is outstanding in many areas, but it's not for everyone. There are some scenes that are difficult to watch, and despite the hope that it instills in the audience, there is a great deal of hopelessness in its themes and tone. That's all I'll say for now as I don't want to include any spoilers yet.

"Cold Mountain" received praise from most critics with 112/147 positive reviews at Rotten Tomatoes. It also received the most Golden Globe nominations (8).

4.5/5 NTFS Stars

I think I might actually have to watch this. I brushed it off earlier but the good reviews are making me change my mind.

hmm... I may be interested in such a movie as well ... now if only i have time to see it before it is out of the theatre ::sigh::

I'd imagine this isn't the kind of film i like to see in the cinema...i go there to watch loud, exciting films that get my adrenaline pumping...deep, meaningful ones such as this can wait for a home viewing.

Teddy said:
I'd imagine this isn't the kind of film i like to see in the cinema...i go there to watch loud, exciting films that get my adrenaline pumping...deep, meaningful ones such as this can wait for a home viewing.

Well it takes place during a time of war, so there are some decently loud battle scenes that take place. Overall though, you are correct in that it is a quieter dramatic film. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back