Cold Mountain

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I saw this film tonight. It is outstanding in many areas, but it's not for everyone. There are some scenes that are difficult to watch, and despite the hope that it instills in the audience, there is a great deal of hopelessness in its themes and tone. That's all I'll say for now as I don't want to include any spoilers yet.

"Cold Mountain" received praise from most critics with 112/147 positive reviews at Rotten Tomatoes. It also received the most Golden Globe nominations (8).

4.5/5 NTFS Stars

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
I think I might actually have to watch this. I brushed it off earlier but the good reviews are making me change my mind.

Xie

- geek -
hmm... I may be interested in such a movie as well ... now if only i have time to see it before it is out of the theatre ::sigh::

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
I'd imagine this isn't the kind of film i like to see in the cinema...i go there to watch loud, exciting films that get my adrenaline pumping...deep, meaningful ones such as this can wait for a home viewing.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Teddy said:
I'd imagine this isn't the kind of film i like to see in the cinema...i go there to watch loud, exciting films that get my adrenaline pumping...deep, meaningful ones such as this can wait for a home viewing.
Well it takes place during a time of war, so there are some decently loud battle scenes that take place. Overall though, you are correct in that it is a quieter dramatic film. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qoitjhon