coding music

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
wht kind of genre of bands/artists do you listen to while you are coding??

silence or classical if coding - more modern for testing and debugging

Electronica (Trance, techno, etc.) or Movie soundtracks (without vocals)

slightly OT - anyone recommend any radio links for wi-fi 80211b laptop listening (IE not exactly 5.1 setup :p )

sure, di.fm has trance/electronica streams.

I like Trance, Hip-Hop, Rap, and general electronic stuff (Techno, just to name one).

I listen to the 256kbit chillout/ambient stream of RadioMax.hu. Very relaxing. When I finished coding and I am testing it, I sometimes turn to a metal stream or so.

TY Glaanie - trying that now - but grappling with the firefox "open" dialog and trying to make it use foobar! Technology is sometimes not so relaxing!
[edit] copied link - pasted to playlist - chilling now TY.... :cool: [/Edit] ... nice 256 feed for laptop, TY again

I listen to trancesphere.com as they specialize in trance/progressive and some chill-out.

I know the guys, I used to host their website adn they give me access to their ftp server so I can get all their mp3s :D

Cool deal if you ask me.

I don't really have a specific kind of music I listen to while coding...just the usual stuff I listen to which ranges from Rock to Hip Hop to Electonic. Basically anything minus Pop/Country/Metal.

I have recently found the following to be the best for me
System of a Down
Korn
The Crystal Method
Placebo

I listen to my wife streaming a torrent of abuse as to why I said “it will only take five minutes” but actually ends up taking two weeks. The bit-stream download “total silence” is the best bet as it contains nothing, or if you want to be cruel and at the same time test for “leaks” download the latest version of AOL (is it version120.004B by now?) and see if you programme still works!

If you’re on a programming “roll” so to speak and are madly typing numerous line of code between midnight and six in the morning then you need to go and work for a game company as this seems to be where all the best programmers reside that have not been trained properly.

Or write device drivers and listen to Eva Casidy.

:) :) :)

Geffy said:
I have recently found the following to be the best for me
System of a Down
Korn
The Crystal Method
Placebo
Yeah, Crystal Method has some good stuff.
smile.gif

Anything except Electronic/rave/etc rubbish.

Movie scores often work well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back