coaxial to s-video tv converter?

Taurus

hardware monkey
anyone know of a good quality converter that will take coaxial cable signal and convert it to s-video? or at least a decent one that will convert to composite video?

i wanna stay away from generic... i want a good picture to record with my new gf4 vivo.

You cant convert form coaxial to s-video!

Thats why video machines, and TVs have a seperate s-video or composite sockets.

Coaxial is used from your roof arial to the TV, or by cable companies.

Never seen a coaxial=>s-video or composite.

Even if you made your own adapter, the image quality wouldnt be as good, s-video and composite use different signals, so you cant go from coaxial to s-video.

$tUy_B

sure you could. if coaxial can be converted to composite, why couldn't it be converted to s-video? both are quite different than coaxial.

i realize there's really no market for such a converter since both composite and s-video have more bandwidth than coaxial so a coaxial-svideo conversion won't really give you a better picture than a coaxial-composite one. but if it was of high quality with a top-of-the-line conversion chip and whatnot, it could pull the most detail out of the coaxial signal. just wanted to know if there was such a thing out there.

i have an old vcr available to convert it to composite... but i have no room for it, it's cheap, and would rather have a dedicated converter... for space and picture quality concerns.

Easier to buy new video machine with SCART, s-video, & composite outputs. They are very cheap nowa days.

:D

"video machine"? help me out a bit... gotta link i can check out?
thanks.

can i convert from rca to coaxial?

can i use a rf from a videogame?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back