CNET -Catch-up

L

Lee

A few years ago I used this software. Then they stopped it being used.

O.K. (if you don't know) Catch-up was a small utility which would scan all your files and give a set of updates needed if you wanted to download them.

It was provided free, free to use, no spyware no spy anything by CNET you might know them as downloads.com also.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue to if they're going to allow it to be used again, I know there was a security fault in it, which took a long time to be found.

After all these years, why haven't they fixed it?

I would pay to use it again as it was brill!!

I once tried a trial of oil change and hell it gave me loads of updates I needed, piles of em. So I read it needed to be registered for these updates to be allowed to be downloaded, so like a mug I did. I did a rescan when using it registered and they all went, I had like 3 links for updates which I could have got from windows update.

So as I think catch-up is the best software for finding updates and better was free, anyone know anyone @ cnet that could answer the questions of will they re-release catch-up.

I have mailed them many times and they just don't reply.

I surely hope they 'catch up' on re-releasing the software. I agree, it was the best piece of software around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back