• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CMS & Design

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have been reading and playing around with XAMPP & Drupal for a little while and I can't seem to get anywhere. I thought I would be able to do what I wanted, maybe I can if I spent a long time doing it. I don't even know if I got XAMPP working, how would you know. Anyways..

I want to basically build a website that is built around a CMS. Is there anything better and easier then Drupal (free as well) or does anyone have a better idea for me, a way for me to really get started in this?

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political User
I have been reading and playing around with XAMPP & Drupal for a little while and I can't seem to get anywhere. I thought I would be able to do what I wanted, maybe I can if I spent a long time doing it. I don't even know if I got XAMPP working, how would you know. Anyways..

I want to basically build a website that is built around a CMS. Is there anything better and easier then Drupal (free as well) or does anyone have a better idea for me, a way for me to really get started in this?
I don't know anything about free CMSs, but am starting on a project that will involve huge amounts of content in a CMS and creating the trails in and out.

I usually find it easier to make tool selections based on an identified need, because different tools have different strengths. I've worked with Documentum, SigmaLink ... but here's where I'm starting:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix