CMOSGPDV checksum bad [?]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
CMOS\GPDV checksum bad [?]

Appears after starting windows . What should that be [?]
I can mention that time and date are running back ( at every start ) - [ ex: 2001 - 12:17 ] .. Thanks for any ideeas ;)

Can I find them anywhere ? Or even a guide of replacing ?
[ And what happends ( negative ? ) if I continually work under this situation ? ]

Originally posted by Cosmin
Can I find them anywhere ? Or even a guide of replacing ?
[ And what happends ( negative ? ) if I continually work under this situation ? ]

There is a watch type battery on your mobo, it prvides power to the bios to maintain it setting and keep the system clock acuract. Just turn off your computer, remove the battery, goto any place that sells watch batteries or your local computer storehand them the battery and tell them you need a new one. Then just reverse those steps. You will have to reset the system clock and you "might" have to re-flash your bios. Usually you don't have to but I just wanted to give that heads up so there are no supprises.

As far as side effects, it can cause problems with any program or service that needs the system clock. Other than that it will just drive you nuts, usually. But it can cause you problems with the bios. It is really not worth it. Just change the battery, and be happy! :) If you need any more help just let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back