CM Stacker 2 (830)

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
Last edited:
images

These are nice for staying awake through classes!

I'm not too sure about the front-panel, looks a bit too much of a gimmick, but at least it still retains most of the nice features from its predecessor :)

It is good looking, but it only supports ATX, so when btx becomes a standard you would need to upgrade :)

Last edited:
what's the big deal about btx? why would you even need to upgrade? the way i am seeing it, it's an aid for cooling intels overheating CPUS. i dont see too much of a difference of what btx can do that ATX cant.

wind3D said:
what's the big deal about btx? why would you even need to upgrade? the way i am seeing it, it's an aid for cooling intels overheating CPUS. i dont see too much of a difference of what btx can do that ATX cant.

BTX places the GPUS on top keeping the cpu cooler, and not only that but it puts the cpu in a place that it wont heat the GPU(s). It also puts the memory horizontally so it can get air flow to help cool it too. And the last major feature is the fact that the chipset bridge is much closer to the cpu which would decrease latency between the cpu and the chipst. BTX is better over all, it keeps things cool(much cooler) and it helps with performance.

I didn't realise that computers were drastically overheating? I doubt that has anything to do with poor manufacturing and user error, though.

People have used ATX for over 10 years. I don't see why they need to wait months to buy a case that will give them a cooler case - even though they don't need it.

Edit: Seems like more of a want to have kind of thing, than a needed addition to motherboard form factors. Maybe thats the reason Intel is the only one financially backing this.

zeke_mo said:
It is good looking, but it only supports ATX, so when btx becomes a standard you would need to upgrade :)

BTX == Intel's creation wrt Prescott's and eggs frying or something like that :)

An average computer does not need a BTX format and AMD procs do not require it either :cool:

BTX is standard btw with Dell's mid-range lineup (Dimension 5100 and up) so it is mainstream, just not off the shelf.

Admiral Michael said:
Nice and smooth looking.

And quiet :D

The doors and other components have sound dampening materials built in :D

My p160 is quiet but I quite like the clean finish.

Perhaps gen2 with window setup might be an idea (defeats purpose of noise-dampening but who cares).

zeke_mo said:
They made it so the front panel can come off ;)

http://www.coolermaster.com/Cebit2005/exhibition/flash/CM_Stacker_830.zip

Theres a nice little flash on the features

Ah, i knew I should've read through the specs in more detail, knew I would've forgot something as obvious as this . Thanks for the heads-up :)

I really like the look of the P180, looks like it has lots of cooling potential. Plus, it has a pretty nice looking front-panel :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back