Closing theads

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
This is going to get closed because people in these forums only apply rules to outsiders

I have been here for years and I see today that because I dont play your game I get no respect and threads get closed without any warning and people are making threats and name calling and the person doing it is allowed because he is one of the gang.

If thats the case ban me I really dont care I have been part of these forums for longer then the other party involved but somehow seeing how this is being handled I would rather be banned then be part of this group.

Re: Closeing theads

The thread was closed because your argument with whoever has no business being in the public forums. I don't know what you thought the moderators should have done ... to let it go on?

I had a poll he brings the argument he was allowed and is allowed to make threats and name call and there was nothing wrong with the poll it was only because he and a few of his friends take offence to the fact I dont care what the mods do as long as it is same rules for all involved and I see posts all over with him name calling and makeing threats funny huh

First off your poll did not have any way of expressing if the person thinks that it's o.k. to use hacked or tweaked firmware and that they thought it was not stealing.

It is not black and white.

Second it is the same as with a car. You buy a new car and the warranty state to not change anything on it or to modify the engine or the computer with a hot/tweaked chip or it will void your warranty.

The car was bought and paid for by you. It is not intellectual property because it is not software. It does use software in the computer but not the car itself. Just like hardware for a computer DVD drive Video card or whatever. You tweak Your CPU every day to get the most out of it. Is that stealing? I don't think so. I paid for it and if I blow it up it's on me. If I tweak my DVD drive to make it better that's up to me. If I screw it up in the process then I will have to go out and buy a new one. But the way you set up your poll was wrong. It did not give enough choices and for that people would feel that it is biased.

Give more choices to make it more open and the dicusions can be better for all. But to get in a huff about it is wrong. Now I didn't close your thread but I understand why.

If you want create another thread but give more choices to vote on. You make it sound like to you it was stealing anyway you sliced it. Or you had to go out and buy the more expensive one. Hell, I would go out and buy a cheaper model of car and tweak it to my liking and if I destroyed it then it's on me. Same applies to the hardware in my box. If you are content with things being status quo then fine. I tweak.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
I have been here for years and I see today that because I dont play your game I get no respect and threads get closed without any warning and people are making threats and name calling and the person doing it is allowed because he is one of the gang.
Kermit, just to make it clear, nobody here is part of any gang. :)
The thread was getting completely out of hand. There was no better alternative than to lock it. If you need to discuss the matter further, please do it via PM with the moderator(s) involved.

Wish it would be closed, then, re-opened spelt correctly.

'Closing Threads'.

0_o *takes can of petrol away from Lee*

Part of the gang, lol. There's no gang, clique, club, league, pack or anything else. At least non that I'm involved with (although that maybe for different reasons). But the bottom line is if I wasn't fast alseep I'd bust everyones ass!

*hides from Khayman* :eek:

There was the choice I dont care as long as I get away with it .. thats a very easy choice to make and left everyone a chance to vote without any camp just plain and simple did not care was a choice.

And as for the name calling ? and Threats? yes well not one single word was said about that .

The thread was closed because it was getting out of hand just like the othe thread I closed, where you two were arguing and name calling.

You mean were he was name calling .. dont recall calling him one single name funny

And yes it got out of hand because he again came in name calling

I did take care of the gmail thread reporting last night, but ignored the ones that followed. I don't even know who is to blame, it just needs to stop please guys.

Play nice now kids. Share the toys, no need to rip em apart the both of youse.

hmm.. a thread about another thread... interesting :)

i'm with lee... now everybody hug that cold water bucket :) :)

Actually i with avril lavine on this one sorry guys :)

Ok now we've all had our fun (or perhaps thats the wrong word).

Lets all be friends and hug and kiss (or just hug if you want (ok ok just stand there smiling shyly at each other you scoundrels you)) :)

*drinks espresso coffee in da corner and watches*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back