Clone HD to HD

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I bought a new HD, i want to clone 100% my smaller drive to the new drive, is there a way to have bnoth connected while the transfer takes place? Kinda like Carbon Copy Cloner for the mac, but something for the pc!

will (or should) allow you to make an image of one disk to an image format and then image it to the other from the boot disc you can make from it, think you can do that from within windows or the boot disk, cant really say as i have never really had to use it

Yes, you can clone one SATA drive right to the other with Acronis True Image from within Windows.

Acronis True Image will do it. It is the best choice as far as I am concerned. Unless you want to p purchase a hardware disk cloner - Then there is no need for that ...

Acronis True Image will do it. It is the best choice as far as I am concerned. Unless you want to p purchase a hardware disk cloner - Then there is no need for that ...

Not too long again they ran a promo... Acronis True Image Home 11 for 9.99 USD. I wanted to cry because I got it on sale but not nearly that cheap. Good software and Vista x64 compatible.

Not too long again they ran a promo... Acronis True Image Home 11 for 9.99 USD. I wanted to cry because I got it on sale but not nearly that cheap. Good software and Vista x64 compatible.
I used above quite recently, and cloned a dual boot XP SP 3 and Vista Premium 64 bit system .from IDE to Sata drive .Worked ok on XP but on Vista the copy came up with a "User" error tried to open a temp profile .....after various error messages and would not boot properly .

That is because the drivers for your sata drive were not in the image. To get it to work you have to replace the drive then do the image ...

www.avanquest.com/USA/pc-utilities/disk-management-disk-partition/hard-disk-hard-drive/Copy_Commander_9.html

• One-click Copy Wizard™ does all the work for you!
  • Supports all hard drive sizes
  • Can automatically expand partitions
  • Safe, simple and fast!
  • FREE! Partition Commander Special Edition

productsheet_BKG_NE_tcm8-1811.gif
cc9_desc_tcm8-83920.gif
Why Copy Commander 9? Copy Commander automatically transfers everything from your old hard drive to your new hard drive without missing any of your preferences, settings or data! There is no need to reinstall anything. And, with our Copy Wizard™, you can actually copy the contents of your old drive to your new drive with a single mouse-click. It's really that simple!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back