clock

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
My pc clock has decided to start going fast about 5 minutes every day , anyone any ideas ,could it be the bios battery , this mobo is only 5 months old

Windows XP has got a built in feature to update the time using the internet. Perhaps you have got a duff time server entered in?

are u on a network with a server? the computers at my work all go off of the time on the server no matter how amny times u chance the one on your own pc it reests back to the servers after a few minutes.

I actually have a similar question, mine computer is also fast but for me it's worse becuase my computer acts like a TIVO. so when I set it to record a movie or tv show it will either start late or too early meaning I miss ther very end or begining of the show i wanted to record.

Is there a way I can get my computer to automatically update the clock once or twice a day? If not through windows XP, is there a third party program that does NOT have spyware/addware in it? (even if there is a small-price to pay for it?)

Your MB battery might need replacing if your time starts to change. Your clock is tied to the bios setting. If the battery is low, you might begin losing the settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back