Clickity music... help!

L

Leo154

This is extremely wierd... I have no idea whats wrong with my music players. Everytime I type while listening to music, it begins to cut up or give me strange clickity things... like interference. But its not interference coz its only when typing. Also, my keyboard is not wireless.

Also, I've tried changing drivers (the realtek ones and nvidia nforce drivers). The realtek gives me cut ups and slow downs, the nvidia gives me more of a clickityness.

I've disable ClearType. I've disabled all visual stuff. So the typing is not really the problem. The sound is on IRQ22, shared with "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller".

Its not CPU, coz in the Task Manager, CPU is really low, like 8%.
Its not memory.

It DOES occur more in iTunes, and less in Winamp5 beta 2. So I am guessing its along the lines of mp3 codec....

BUT WHAT IS IT?

first thing first, have you absolutely ruled out everything but mp3's? if you play a wav or regular music CD and type do you still get the static or is it only apply to mp3 music?

yes it is most likely the sound drivers, but I never had this problem before with exactly the same driver... I just need to format again :(

I hate formating

Before formatting uninstall drivers and install another driver version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back