Click here so I can brag

Shiznat!

Damn. If that speed's true...I must say I'm impressed. How'd ya pull that off? And where'd ya get those nice icons? ;)

JM

It's true! I about fell outta my chair!

The icons are from the Noia icon set for Icon Packager from Stardock.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is reading kilobits.

It equates to about 115KB/sec, sorry :/

Darn ya GT, you beat me to it.

It doesn't help that IE's propogated the confusion by measuring its speeds in bytes. Technically, bandwidth is supposed to be measured in bits, and storage should be measured in bytes. Most developers these days tend to ignore those conventions completely.

And don't get me started on the 1024K vs 1000K megabyte issue.

thats' always a fun one..

bits, nibbles, bytes, mega...blah blah blah.

OK,

928.8 kbits/sec is 71.2 kbits/sec short of 1000kbits/sec, which is 1Mbit/sec. A T1 line is 1.5 Mbits/sec.

What provider are ya on?

Down here on cox hsi I avg. 2500/290, though latency is a prick most of the time.

I'm on insightbb. Latency is a sporadic problem here; not too often, but when it hits, it HITS.

Mine varies daily. Tonight I am 3096 down, 71 up. I was wondering why my image uploads took forever:eek:

i get 6220 down and 940 up give or take a few on a regular basis. i use a linksys cable modem which optimumonline doesnt even give firmware updates for lol im pretty happy with the speed even though i heard the SB4200 or whatever is faster.

all your speed suck
:)
my downlaod is not capped
only upload to 128 kbps = 12 - 15 kb/s :(

That's all well and good, but the downside of it is that all Aussie broadband ISPs are metered. I'm really gonna miss my flash American cable connection when I move out into the Oz countryside. There's ADSL in my neck of WA, and thankfully WestNet has thrown their hat into the ring, so I'll at least have half-way decent service without having to sell a kidney (Telstra's DSL services in rural WA is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen).

I had a connection that topped out over 3Mbps until @Home folded -- Comcast has capped my downstream in half. Still the same ol' 128K upstream, but that's not much drama.

Well I've got the same speed as Sprung - onnly it says kB instead of kbits. Hardihar.
Oh, and remember this:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back