ClearType

S

seeme

cleartype sux, is there anyone that has used it and NOT got headaches from the blurry fonts?

YES i can clearly see that the fonts are smoother and without pixilation, but fair go, your eyes just want to slide off the words..

Verdict: ive tried, disliked and turned off!

jezz

I have use it and its hard to see, I switch back to normal.

Cleartype is good for laptops, and on flat screen monitors...on my friends normal CRT it gives me headaches so he turned it off, on my viewsonic flat screen it looks much better and no headaches :)

Directly from Windows XP help:

"Choosing ClearType for your screen fonts makes the words on your computer screen look as smooth as the words on a page. ClearType dramatically improves font resolution, so your existing spreadsheets, word processing documents, and Web pages display with crystal clarity. ClearType is intended for display on flat screen monitors, so it is ideal for portable computers and other flat screen devices. ClearType may appear slightly blurry on desktop computer monitors that do not have a flat screen."

You should use standard font smoothing if you wish to improve its look using your monitor. I'm using ClearType on a virtually flat monitor, and I love it.

Melon

I use it and also love it :)

On a normal monitor it is not so good to use though

yep agreed... cleartype is crap on CRT... best for TFT/LCD/Plasma displays... does your eyes in on a damn CRT :(

MdSalih

i use cleartype on my home desktop computer, regular monitor (no LCD) and i love it!! the fonts look soo much.....smoother!! as catch32 said, the fonts don't look edgy, i LOVE font smoothing!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back