Clear Gamecube

Techno Child

web{designer}
Thread Cleaned - keep it on topic!

Nice to see the Gamecube getting some good homebrew interest, much like the Dreamcast did back in the day (and still does probably) even larger studios did some work, and the original Quake was ported over to the DC. Would definitely be interested in one if I owned a GC :)

That it does, I'm just disappointed I was never able to get hold of a BBA for mine... could of made it so much fun! (We only had 33.6k modem's in the UK edition :()

The next nintendo unit will have newer tech than either ps3 or Xbox360 from the grapevine.

Will be most interesting to see what they come out with.

Sazar said:
The next nintendo unit will have newer tech than either ps3 or Xbox360 from the grapevine.

Will be most interesting to see what they come out with.
The GameCube has some pretty nice tech in it, however the PS2 is a complete whore and the xBox produced pretty/shiny graphics, therefore it basically got swept under the carpet.

When it comes to games consoles it seems the superior consoles always get ignored. History has proven this again and again. I guess people just like hype :)

speedy do you know the specs for the PS2

I know Jackyll and Hyde, sorry for being so bad tempered, crappy day at work

Not a clue, other than it will be using Sony's new Cell Processor.. apparently.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that once again Sony's offering will be the blatantly inferior machine, however once again, the most popular. I'm hoping Microsoft will be able to grab a much larger market share this time round.

Yeah i think microsoft brought a lot more to the plate, but i wish xbox had any games like tenchu, god i loved that game, anyone know of one like it for xbox.

SPeedY_B said:
When it comes to games consoles it seems the superior consoles always get ignored. History has proven this again and again. I guess people just like hype :)
Amen. :)

even though this thread is getting way off subject... what are the specs for the new gamecube techwise?

Techno Child said:
even though this thread is getting way off subject... what are the specs for the new gamecube techwise?
The specs of "Revolution" havn't leaked yet (that I know of). Only thing I have seen is that it will be backwards compatible with gamecube and "will use 12 cm optical discs and be about the size of three DVD cases stacked together".

Techno Child said:

According to the site, the console will boast four 2.5Ghz IBM G5 Custom cores, with 128KB of level 1 cache and a 512KB shared level 2 cache, while the graphics will be powered by a dual core ATI RN520 chipset, with 16MB of on-board eDRAM for the frame buffer.

:eek:

Source: GamesIndustry

... Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer.
Thats a pretty damn small console compared to the giant set-top boxes of this next gen. I mean Xbox 360 is suppose to be 11 1/4" high by 3" wide was it? Nintendo also seems to have gotten the online thing this time around making Revolution "wireless Internet ready out of the box."

I also find it interesting that all 3 top players are getting CPU/GPU's from the same companys. I didn't think I would be saying this but "N" almost has me thinking of buying into this next gen of consoles. I just hope people are buying them for the games (hasn't happend in years) and not for the hype *cough*ps2/xbox*cough*.

SPeedY_B said:
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that once again Sony's offering will be the blatantly inferior machine, however once again, the most popular.
Only 'cause when mum goes to dixons to buy little Johnny a games console she goes in and thinks I know the playstation name, it must be the best!:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back