• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cleaning G4 OSX install

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I have finally made the time to get panther onto that G4 (there are old threads for this).

It seemed to go through as an upgrade rather than a clean install though... But once it was there the password resetting was a breeze, because I had OSX and the install disc ;)

Now there is one more task for this OSX n00b to perform before passing the boxen on - I'd like to cleanse it of all data and also the 9.2.1 OS which is still visible as an option to boot from....

Any advices from experienced mac users?

Doh - just seen there's an option utility on the install disc! However it took an age to make that install - what are folks recommendations? Is the best practice to redo the install? Or can I get around it with some informed deletions or system actions?

Last edited:

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
updated post - the option is there, but not offered by installer - is a utility...

so I guess the best way is for me to do a reinstall ...

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
yes - I answered it for myself - in fact by some weird coincidence I have gone from no G4 to two G4's and an option on a G3 with no PSU..... :smoker:

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadgymenu