Classic Startmenu: Hide Items ???

A

Angel333

Do anybody know how to hide the settings and help and support folders in the classic startmenu?

I think you can take it off with Tweakui by microsoft. Go to there site and look up power toys under Windows xp downloads.

The setting to hide Help and Support from Start Menu in TweakUi is under Explorer.

If you want to do it manually you have to create new DWord values under this registry key and give them the value 00000001 , log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer]

NoSMHelp
(This will hide Help and Support)

NoSetFolders
NoSetTaskbar
(These will hide the Settings button. Side effects: the taskbar right click menu "properties" and the keyboard shortcut "Windows key +E" will also be disabled)

I have attached a regfile (rename from .txt to .reg) with these settings.

You learn something new every day. Just learned that attached files aren't attached when you preview the reply. So now here it is:

That worked..
But isn't there another way?
Cause there's no more possibility to acces the Taskbar properties...

Any idea?

tweak-xp or magictweak have options to do that, check them out.

Sorry seems to be the only way. Couldn't find an option to remove the settings button either in Tweak XP, Xteq, Winguides Tweak Manager or anywhere else.

found a way myself...
Just hack the explorer.exe wit ResHacker

Now I've more than I wanted...
Cause there you can fully reorder your startmenu...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back