civilization III and nvidia problems! can u help?

O

OzDan

I have the nvidia gf4 ti 46oo with an AMD 1.9 and running winXP. I have the 28.32 patch from nvidia and the civ III patch for xp. I got the game to play for about a week or so, now nothing. All it does is crash the system, and the computer tells me its the video card causing the problem, but I'm not sure if thats it or not. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know of anything I could try to fix this? Geez, I thought I built a lean mean gaming machine, but so far I'm disappointed. Is it xp or the nvidia to blame? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's odd ..

Cannot believe that :D , this game worked on my system three weeks ago with my first video card an voodoo3 2000 and xp drivers . Haven't tested with my GF4MX , i'll do and i'll come with details , until then if u want to play it try also xp drivers , should exist a chance :rolleyes:

Thanks, that would be great. I'm pulling my hair out with this thing. Is it at all possible I have a bad copy of civ III? I was wondering about that too, because this same cd gave me a hard time with win98 too. But at least I was able to play it.

could be the cd

from what u are saying it may be the cd or something to do with your computer ( what am i talking about?!? )

there is a patch for the game... that is if you bought it ;)

/ /
pegusus....*--
\ \

Im running it with a GF4 Ti4400, Nvidia 28.32 and the 1.21 Civ patch with no problems at all..

Hmmm the patch caused mine to stop believing I had a genuine disk. ( I Do, Really !! )

Civ III with the latest patch is fine here with a Geforce 4 MX 460. I'm using 2.8.9.0 detenators.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back