Cisvc.exe

M

Murre

Time and again a certain service/program runs on my computer and it uses all available CPU power and slow my other processes to an almost halt.

The program/service is called CISVC.EXE.
Has anyone encountered this service/program and can anyone tell me what is is, what it does and why it is doing it.
:confused:

My initial responce would be Virus or some sort of trojan. I have searched the Tech page on Microsoft.com and tried to read about it in HELP files native to XP, but no luck.

I would appreciate any suggestions

cisvc.exe is the indexing service..

index's files to make search's etc faster...

Might get my fingers burnt for this one but here is my two pence worth, i have just checked out what this is, its a service for Indexing and is used for remote control, aparently it is not important in any way so i would suggest killing it as a service, may well be wrong but found some interesting stuff here!! check out the read more on this serbice, aparently a bit of a resource hog! :mad:

http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Read the link, but not reading info on it cisvc.exe being used for remote control....

Am I missing something?.....

Not really, sorry, when i said remote control I was meaning the remote control protocol (which is why this service is running.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back