Cisco Router....

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
Cisco Router question?

How do i enter the rommon mode on a cisco 2600 router??

Re: Cisco Router question?

Press 'Break' within 60 seconds of power up in order to put the router into ROMMON.
Hope this is what you're after :)

Re: Cisco Router question?

Assuming you are connecting over a console cable, hit the break key combination when as the router starts up. The "break" key combination will vary depending on what you are using for your terminal emulation. In Hyperterminal, I believe the combination is the Ctrl-Pause/Break button on the keyboard. If you don't know what the break command sequence is, you can try the following steps (although I've never had to test it)

1. Connect to the router with these terminal settings (over console cable):
* 1200 baud rate
* No parity
* 8 data bits
* 1 stop bit
* No flow control
note: You will not see any output on your screen.

2. Power cycle (switch off and then on) the router and press the SPACEBAR for 10-15 seconds in order to generate a signal similar to the break sequence.

3. Disconnect your terminal, and reconnect with a 9600 baud rate.

I'm assuming you are attempting a password recovery on the router.. in which case, please review Cisco's docs on the procedure. :)

How would i go from the enabled mode(#) or regular mode(>) to the ROMMON mode in a cisco router?

You don't get there from the prompt. Has to be on power up.

edit:
threads merged

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back