Circuit City Liquidation

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Closing all stores in the United States and about 34,000 people will lose their jobs.

More Info

Well, maybe they will finally have a good price on something. :laugh:

Really sad to see them go, now the only "brick and mortar" store left in my area (for computer parts/geeky stuff) is Best Buy. I expect there prices to go up. :(

The Liquidators

What many people don't realize is that outside liquidation companies run most going-out-of-business sales. Their job is to get as much money as possible for the inventory. So, for example, the sign says Linens 'n Things, but it's really not. Six of the largest professional liquidators run the stores now: Hilco Merchant Resources, Hudson Capital, Gordon Brothers Retail Partners, Great American Group, SB Capital Group and Tiger Capital Group. For these companies, going out of business is a business.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=6326174&page=1

You can still find good deals.
When CompUSA liquidated from my area I purchased a DVD player worth over 100 dollars for 20 and a digital camera worth about 400 for 173.

People should post here if they get anything good.

I am going to see if I can get a hdtv for a good price :)

Watch out, those liquidation's generally mean the price is back up before Circuit City's competitive mark downs, so shop around for that HDTV. Most of the time you can get it elsewhere cheaper the first few days.

Watch out, those liquidation's generally mean the price is back up before Circuit City's competitive mark downs, so shop around for that HDTV. Most of the time you can get it elsewhere cheaper the first few days.
Yeah, the price always "goes up" before they mark anything down. I hate when people rush in the first few days and buy everything at higher then normal prices leaving nothing but junk for the "liquidation" prices. :(

their liquidation prices arent anywhere near liquidation prices yet....and they probably wont liquidate most of their good tv's ..and they don't own them ... the manufacturers will simply go get them and haul them across the road to best buy and sell them at regular prices.

anyone is a fool to think Samsung will let their 5grand lcd's go for a hundred bucks when they are on loan to Circuit City in the first place (samsung is just an example for everything else in the store).

Sure ..you probably will see the lower end stuff get cheaper .. just dont get your hopes up.

their liquidation prices arent anywhere near liquidation prices yet....and they probably wont liquidate most of their good tv's ..and they don't own them ... the manufacturers will simply go get them and haul them across the road to best buy and sell them at regular prices.

anyone is a fool to think Samsung will let their 5grand lcd's go for a hundred bucks when they are on loan to Circuit City in the first place (samsung is just an example for everything else in the store).

Sure ..you probably will see the lower end stuff get cheaper .. just dont get your hopes up.
I actually believe the liquidation company owns everything in the stores now right down to the store shelves and is going to try and get most money for everything they can.

Those TV's are definitely not "on loan" they are bought by Circuit City to sell and make a profit on. To Samsung those TV's are already on the books and they don't care what happens to them, other than that they agree to provide customer service for their device since after all it is carrying their brand name.

The liquidation company owns all of the stock that Circuit City had, and Xie is right they also own the stores and the shelving and everything along those lines. I remember when Sharper Image went out of business, they were selling shelving, cases and anything they could put a price tag on.

Some friends want to go down to a few on Saturday to see what deals we can get. I have been looking for a high power two channel amp for my home theater. Mebey.

You are not going to find that at Circuit city. better luck at a boutique dealer, Carver, Sunfire, NAD...Not sure iof you can still find some around, but if you can look for Sumo.

I can dream can't I? Samsung are like the best, and if I can find one for a couple hundred, I am going to take it ! lol ..

What about video games and accessories for game console's?

I dont see how they would really go down much in price if at all.

Then again I don't know much about Liquidation.

and no ..big box stores DO NOT own most of their merchandise ... they do not own the music media (cd's, dvds ..ect) ..they do not own the electronics (tvs, dvd players, speakers, ect) either.

THey are all on loan via floorplanning... no store on earth has enough capital to invest 50million in inventory for each store... they don't sell the tv's .. the manufacturer comes and get them...actually most big retailers simply rent out their space to manufacturers to sell their stuff and get a commission for selling it.

you will find most stuff 10% off ... still well above the margin of break-even... now if you get to 40%-60% ... thats saying something ..and like i said earlier .. you will not find those good tv's ...they will have already been packed up and tranferred to another store like best buy or fry's or whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back