Cingular/ATT question

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
So I got my Cingular bill this month, and it was about 10$ higher than it usually is. So I was flipping through the bill looking for what would cause it, when I saw the text messaging section. Now, I pay 3.99 or whatever it is for the 200 incoming/outgoing SMS/MMS messaging package. And my messaging was way below that. But now, since ATT bought Cingular it appears that package only covers 200 outgoing messages. So they charged me for a couple MMS's (.25c each!) and ALL incoming txt's.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if there is anything that can be done? I think its pretty lame that they can change the details of the contract I signed without telling me.

Odd. Since the merger completed it has only benefited me. I have a $39.99 data plan and I was paying an additional $4.99 for text messaging. Since the merger I now get unlimited text included in my data plan.

I think I know what happened Aprox.

Apparently they screwed you over and you're paying extra for Matt's service.

:(

Sorry buddy.

I think I know what happened Aprox.

Apparently they screwed you over and you're paying extra for Matt's service.

:(

Sorry buddy.

Damn, that must be it! :eek:

*sigh* I will look over the bill again when I get home. It seems unlikely that they would pull something like this.. so maybe I just over looked something.

I would also call their customer service, complain and get 6 months worth of some useless service free, as compensation.

this stuff happens all the time. My wife is horrible with her phones and broke it, so I went to a sprint store and bought her a new phone, low and behold there is a 7 dollar recurring insurance service charge on my bill that I never asked to be implemented.

They will tack on new stuff all the time.

I was promised a huge discount (through my employer) that it took me 6 months to get. Everytime, standard response was, next bill, you'll see your discount.

Finally, I spent 2 hrs on the phone,s poke to everyone in 4 different countries and they switched it plus they gave me free phone service for 3 months to make up for all the drama.

They address it but you have to stay on top of your stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back