Chrome v/s FF v/s Opera v/s IE8

^^ I realized that after I posted the thread :) This browser is awesome ....

[edit] I found a couple of pages that I go will not show right. All it shows is white backgounds with blue text. It is almost like the css isn't rendering properly [/edit]

Chrome is generally my browser of choice.

I do have some issues with certain pages, mostly some javascript and things that don't function correctly - but this is mostly because I'm using the nightly builds (currently v2.0.160.0) and not the general release build.

There are a couple nagging issues I have with it - unlike Saz, I actually don't like the bookmark management. It's workable and gotten better since the initial release, but I still would like to see something a little more robust. I also don't like how it closes the whole app when you close the last tab.

While I miss some extentions that I've used in firefox (like the EXIF viewer plugin), none of them were critical to my browsing experience - it will be nice once the gears stuff gets rolling though to see what people can do to extend the browser.

now, if only they would release a stable macOS and *nix version..

edit:
Incidentally, for those that want to live a little more on the edge and work on the 2.0 pre-beta as well, instructions for moving to the development channel builds are here.
Release notes for changes in the 2.0 side are here

I'm sticking with FF at the moment mainly for the extensions. I have Chrome installed and it's something of a backup browser for now. It's promising but I have too much on FF to do a complete move.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back