chrome freezing

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
so my fav browser has started to zitz on me, it's freezing up, not going to addresses

you can close the browser and launch it again but that does nothing

then you launch task manager and take a look, there at least 3 and mostly 4 chromes still running even though you only launched one

when you kill all those instances chrome will run fine for another ten minutes or so, until it self launches a few more instances of itself (they are launched invisible, can't see them anywhere but task manager)

it looks like this is reported on chrome but nobody is comming up with anything but "update flash" or "update java" which did nothing for me

anyone know of a fix for this?

I have been noticing quite a bit of issues with chrome as well; not just freezing, but also not working with facebook. I went back to Safari till it gets worked out.

I have gone back to my original favorite (Firefox) because of the issues Chrome seems to be having the past few months. Every version of it I try have loading issues, freezing issues, etc etc.

I haven't seen a Chrome freezing issue in ... perhaps ever really. I've had tabs crash, but I am running Dev ... it's to be expected. What release are you guys running that your having so many issues (stable, beta, dev) ?

I must admit I'm ping-ponging between firefox and opera these days. Chrome just feels very slow, sluggish and unstable.

I'm looking forward to Opera 12. Its hardware acceleration seems to be comparable to IE9 on my PC and I've always loved that I can tell opera that if a download is a certain mime type to always save it to X folder instead of asking where to put it.

Ditto, gave up on IE then Chrome. Some websites (TV Guide site was the worst) seem to lock up the browsers, ultra slow and/or no response, then it's a wrestling match to shut it down. Never could find a resolution. Problems starts in ~ Aug 2010, just kept getting worse.

Using Opera (favorite) and Firefox (also seems problem free. just lie the look and feel of Opera better) on all my PC's.

Why two? Each is set for up for a different set of default accounts.

Since my lost post, Chrome has been my main browser, without any issues.

Not slow or anything. It can have flash crashing issues once in awhile, but that isn't chromes fault.

I gave up on Chrome and went back to firefox because it wasn't working with some websites that I needed to go to. If 1password ever works with opera, I might try that out again, as firefox is a turd these days. But Safari on Mac sucks, so I have no choice but to use firefox.

As for flash issues with chrome. You need to disable the internal flash on the browser. To that, type "About:plugins" in the url bar, and then go down to the internal flash and disable it. What happens is that the internal clashes with the external, which can cause chrome to freeze and/or crash.

That would probably fix it, if I had external flash installed. I don't use anything else that needs it, so chromes flash is the only one I have. Though it's not an issue for me, once in a blue moon.

This is really weird the way browsers keep going from our favorites to unstable.

Current issues:
New computer locks up with vertical bars frequently when Firefox is open. Runs great for hours gaming or with any other browser. Passes all stress tests. Found some mention of others having this issue on the web.

Opera has gotten very quirky, won't run online videos at more than 1 FPS. Other browsers all good on same sites.

I've actually been driven back to, yuk IE.... (I have a Chrome/Google phobia.)

I think a lot of the reason for the unstableness is the upgrading of webpages, and the browsers not being updated to compatibility.

That is like firefox for example; Every time I go to facebook it locks up and freezes for about three minutes before it works. It is driving me nuts!

This is really weird the way browsers keep going from our favorites to unstable.

Current issues:
New computer locks up with vertical bars frequently when Firefox is open. Runs great for hours gaming or with any other browser. Passes all stress tests. Found some mention of others having this issue on the web.

Opera has gotten very quirky, won't run online videos at more than 1 FPS. Other browsers all good on same sites.

I've actually been driven back to, yuk IE.... (I have a Chrome/Google phobia.)

Sounds like a hardware acceleration bug/issue (haven't used Firefox regular ... ever). But on Chrome you can check with about:flags in the URL bar.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back