Choppy MP3s in Winamp

D

disrupteh

This has been making me really mad. Whenever I perform the most basic of computer functions, such as minimizing or maximizing a window, or clicking on a hyperlink, the MP3 I'm listening to will skip momentarily. About 75% of the time I do any of said functions, this occurs. I haven't tried using a different mp3 player, maybe I should. Anyways, anyone know what causes this?

ram is definately not the problem here. i have 384MB, and 186MB is available according to the task manager.

i have a hard time believing no one's ever had a problem like this and hasn't fixed it. anybody??

edit: maybe if i added that this problem did not happen to me at all while using windows 98. does that help?

/me offers big hug to first person that tries to give a solution to my problem

What version of winamp you using?

You may want to try a different mp3 player and see if it does the same thing.

Try QCD

good luck

:cool:

check your process priority

Go into the preferences for Winamp and under the options find the process priority at the bottom... change it to high and see if it makes a dif... it should... btw 384mb isn't a lot for xp, i think the min should be 512... hope this helps...

junky

wow, replies. :D

I'm using the latest version of Winamp, 2.80. Process priority is at Realtime, the highest setting. I have a SoundBlaster Live! Value. But like I said, I didn't have this problem while under Win98, and I'm using the same machine. I'm going to try using QCD, but I really prefer Winamp over anything else. Maybe I'll try posting this problem at the Winamp forum if QCD runs fine.

Thanks guys!

Do the MP3z sound choppy when you play them with another player. Because, if so, its obviously not a Winamp problem. When you reboot your PC and closing any programs you have opened (ZoneAlarm, Virus Scanner, Download Manager) and you play an MP3.... do you see any strange processes in your task manager that shouldn't be there.
Which process is taking the most CPU time?

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back