choosing free web hosting (not no geocities too)

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
hey i want a free web hosting and more complex and better than geocities. that i mean more icons and programs and games to add on. and also banner free would be nice and more space!!!

So what your saying is that you want a free service that others pay for. I only know of goecities. :(

I've been usin CoolFreePages.com
for my web hosting for a while, and so far, they're pretty good. Much better than anything I ever got at Geo Cities. They have php support, but it is FTP upload only, so that might pose a problem if you're not too good with ftp. As far as advertising goes, they have a window that pops up behind almost every page, but if u just leave it there, no more windows will come up while browsing...so....its a tradeoff

ANother site that i used to use is Brinkster
. They have no ads, but dont support php or FTP, that might be good or bad for you, im not sure. The only issue i had with them is that when my site started getting more and more hits, it was frequently suspended for "bandwidth overloads". I even contemplated paying the 5 bux a month for more bandwidth, but turned it down over coolfreepages.

hope that helped :)

i was wondering that if all web hosting (free) support hot linking? Angelfire is not that nice.. doesn't support it and ASP too.

I am currently {
| |
intrigue_alvin83@hotmail.com
| |
alvinauboonhock
}
=========================
Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
Intel D850GB MOBO
256MB PC 800 RDRAM
20GB Maxtor HDD (5400 RPM)
40GB Maxtor HDD (7200 RPM)
52X Creative CDROM
8X4X32 Creative CDRW
16X ASUS DVD ROM
Iomega 100 MB USB Zip Drive
SYBA Ultra ATA IDE controller card
SB live 5.1 DE
Aging Gainward 64MB GF2MX400 --> | Upgrading to GF4 Ti4 series |
Altec Lansing ACS 56
Dlink D538TX NIC

Free Hosting with Grafico enr.

www . yourdomain . com Web Hosting

20MB Web Storage

Unlimited FTP Access

10 Email Accounts

Domain Forwarding

POP & Web-based Email Access

Email Forwarding

Email Autoresponder

1GB Monthly Traffic Allowance

It's only 50$ to transfer your domain to our server. And that's it! Free for life!

We also offer website design.
Contact us at webmaster@infografico.com

Only decent free host i know of it www.host.sk (Slovakian)
50mb, no banners, 1 SQL DB, PHP, SSH Acess

If you want good hosting your going to have to pay for it. Free hosts usually get bombarded with sign ups meaning the server gets slowed down and probably will have downtime every now and then, or they possibly deceide that offereing free was a bad idea and make you pay, or get off the server.
It's a shame as places like geocities used to be great, now they just offer a poor service unless you want to pay for it.

Here are some of the hosts I had sites on:

www.freeservers.com : 12mb of space, addresses in the type of "yoursite.s5.com" , "yoursite.8m.com" .... 256kb file size limit, no ftp (upload manager).

www.netfirms.com : 25mb of space , supports CGI , addresses in the type of "yoursite.netfirms.com" , no FTP (upload manager.

www.brinkster.com : someone had already mentioned this one, i just wanted to add it supports ASP (Windows 2000 server).

i've tried on brinkster and it works pretty well(fast) compare to other previous web hosting.. its fast and no darn pop-up(s).

I am currently {
| |
intrigue_alvin83@hotmail.com
| |
alvinauboonhock
}
Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
Intel D850GB MOBO
256MB PC 800 RDRAM
20GB Maxtor HDD (5400 RPM)
40GB Maxtor HDD (7200 RPM)
52X Creative CDROM
8X4X32 Creative CDRW
16X ASUS DVD ROM
Iomega 100 MB USB Zip Drive
SYBA Ultra ATA IDE controller card
SB live 5.1 DE
Aging Gainward 64MB GF2MX400 --> | Upgrading to GF4 Ti4 series |
Altec Lansing ACS 56
Dlink D538TX NIC

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back