Choosing dual channel RAM for overclocking???

scottgomer23

OSNN Junior Addict
I am building a new computer with the following parts:

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX - Retail
-ABIT FATAL1TY AN8 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
-ASUS EAX800XL/2DTV/256 Radeon X800XL 256MB DDR PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail
-ePOWER Tagan TG-480-U22 ATX 480W Power Supply - Retail

I am looking for decent 1g dual channel (2x512) RAM for a good price (under $130) for overclocking...

I have been told that :
OCZ DDR Booster Diagnostic Device Model OCZDDRVBOOST - Retail
is a good product for RAM when overclocking:

please leave your opinions on what RAM set...

Hey that value select isn't that bad. timing 2.5-3-3-8

Im running 2 gigs worth at 2.5-3-3-7

totally off topic here but im choosing a HDD now and Im wondering... if my MOBO is SATA II instead of SATA 150...
which around 160gb-250gb HDD should i get.. some of the other comp specs are at the top.

SATA2 connections (on the mobo) are backwards compatible with SATA1 connectors.

I bought the corsair value ram - 1 gig dual channel with my venice 3200 - it has overclocked quite nicely

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back