ChOOsing a CD Writer----

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
I need help choosing a CD writer. I was thinking about the xtacy (liteon) 48x/12x/48x one or maybe the same speed but a sony cdrw?

Well , what can I say , I have a Sony writer and work great and I recommend it .. :)

I have the Xtasy (lite on) 40x12x48x and love it. Have had zero problems and it even comes with a spiffy little sticker on it.

Have you looked at any of the LG drives?? I have a 32X flashed to 40X and I love it. they are cheap too.

I would highly recommend the Liteon drives, i have three of these in different machines and i cant fault them.
The best if you are doing copies etc.

plextor's have always been #1, but they cost a bit more. i've heard nothing but good things about lite-on's, though. sony, on the other hand... ehh...

I've been burning with a TDK writer for a while, it burns every time. Luv it. :)

here are the best, as far as i can tell

if you want to burn music, the yamaha light-speed is your drive
if impeccable quality for movies is your cup of tea, plexwriter
if a damned good burner that wont roast your wallet is for you, take the lite-on...sony's are ok but the buffer is crap so u coaster a good bit

BurnProof technology is a plus... Plextor and TDK have it.

I have a Samsung SW-216B (16x10x32) with the "Designed for Windows XP" logo. Haven't got a coaster ever! :)
It has the technology to prevent buffer underruns, and the firmware can be upgraded online. Got it for a really good price too.

I've also heard good stuff about Plextor and Yamaha.

go with dragon writer 48/16/48

burnproof, cheap, msi:)

liteon good too tho

Lite-on has Burn Proof as well. I have 2 of them and they don't burn any coasters.

I was lucky enough to get my mits on the Mitsumi TE4809 48/24/12 CD writer, which for a limited time was shipped with a 16mb cache. Since then I've only had 1 coaster, and that was because I was tryin to do about 10 things at once.

Mitsumi/Lite-On are two of the better manufacturers around at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back