chkdsk

K

Krest

I'm having this problem...i can't use chkdsk with the /F option...
I have errors on my disk and can't fix them...how can i use chkdsk
with the /F option before loading windows? (i have ntfs...so no dos...)...

have you tried booting to safe mode and trying it...safe mode doesn't load all the drivers so this might help..or even boot to safe mode with cmd prompt. good luck

I did it...no luck...also ran chkdsk as a login script and as a startup script...again,no luck,the drive cannot be locked...

when you run chkdsk and it says drive is looked it should also say would you like to schedual the next time the system restarts

just type Y and when it restarts it will run before windows loads

Ref: Check disk

Perhaps your system files are corrupt, just run sfc /scannow with XP CD in the tray, it will restore all the corrupt files ( Remember space before forward flash ! /)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back