chkdsk problems

J

jawshoouh

i'm having a problem with chkdsk...when running it in windows, it says my c:\ drive is locked (obviously) and cannot do anything because it's got files on it that are in use. so i did the "chkdsk /f" to have chkdsk run @ next boot, and even then, i get the same error (that there are files in use). i tried booting in safe mode with a command line and running chkdsk /f from there, and i get that there are files in use...any ideas? chkdsk did find a problem with my drive in read-only mode, but i need to gain full access to my c:\ in order to fix it...

don't know if this matters, but prior to this, i had d/led and installed a demo of PowerQuest Drive Image 2002, and upon reboot (when i was attempting to make a backup of my c:\), my ASUS mobo said it detected a virus in my boot sector (which, apparantly, AVG didn't catch after i did the install of PQDI2K2), asked me to reboot or continue (continue would risk further damage). i rebooted, as normal, went back into windows with no problems...scanned my c:\ for any viruses with AVG (i've got latest virus defs), found none...

forget it, i fixed it :)

uninstalled that POS SyGate Personal Firewall Pro, tried it again, and chkdsk works beautifully, as it should...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back