• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chkdsk nuisance!

S

S1RE

Not sure why but my E: drive which 1 of 3 slaves has been auto checking the disk at the start of every Windows startup (before desktop). No I never set up System Scheduling to check E: on every startup and since I use USB keyboard I cannot skip the chkdsk so I'm forced to watch it til I get rid of it. When I try to defrag the disk I get this message:

Any easy way to get rid of my nuisance?

S

S1RE

0008 ยป Stop CHKDSK from running at boot time.
1.Edit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
2.Change the BootExecute entry from:
autocheck autochk * /.........

To:
autocheck autochk *

Which is what I see in my registry :) So this isn't going to fix my problem because I've made no changes- any other ideas?

You could probably change the USB keyboard setting in your BIOS from "OS" to "BIOS" or however you BIOS puts it. That way you can use it before getting into Windows.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
you might want to actually run chkdsk...I'll bet you need to run chkdsk /f from the recovery console when you boot from the xp cd....or maybe it was chkdsk /p i forget...the recovery console has wierd commands..

S

S1RE

Originally posted by Zedric
No, but you would at least be able to abort it.
It's the type deal where I don't even feel like figuring it out or finding exactly what it is I need to undo or disable the feature that makes this chkdsk F: everytime i restart. I'm more interested in getting rid of it period rather than avoiding it I still gotta look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies