chkdsk and ntfs...

S

seba79

At first sorry for my poor english...
I have one ntsf partition (winxp pro sp1), when i run chkdsk its find "filesystem error", after run chkdsk /f or /f /r and reboot, chkdsk runs before windows starts but dosen't find eny errors, after windows starts, again run chkdsk and again is filesystem error...

Are you having any problems other than chkdsk reporting an error? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you have run chkdsk /r at startup you should be fine.

It would help to know the exact "errors" that CHKDSK says that it finds online but doesn't find at boot time. What I suspect (based on your description) is that they are transient errors (possibly $Bitmap) caused by the file system being active at the time the readonly CHKDSK is performed. At boot time, there is no other file system activity and therefore these transient errors don't show up.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows Storage Management/File System

Hey Greg - Happy New Year :) Hope you had a great Holiday Season.

Happy new year to you all. I only wish I couls write Polish, or any other language, as well as Seba9. I congratulate you on your laguage skills.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back