• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

chkdsk and ntfs...

S

seba79

At first sorry for my poor english...
I have one ntsf partition (winxp pro sp1), when i run chkdsk its find "filesystem error", after run chkdsk /f or /f /r and reboot, chkdsk runs before windows starts but dosen't find eny errors, after windows starts, again run chkdsk and again is filesystem error...

A

allan

Are you having any problems other than chkdsk reporting an error? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you have run chkdsk /r at startup you should be fine.

ghayes

Microsoft MVP
It would help to know the exact "errors" that CHKDSK says that it finds online but doesn't find at boot time. What I suspect (based on your description) is that they are transient errors (possibly $Bitmap) caused by the file system being active at the time the readonly CHKDSK is performed. At boot time, there is no other file system activity and therefore these transient errors don't show up.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows Storage Management/File System

Happy new year to you all. I only wish I couls write Polish, or any other language, as well as Seba9. I congratulate you on your laguage skills.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies