Chinese finger 'exam cheat' virus

rik

OSNN Addict
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/26/exam_virus/

In brief A computer virus specifically designed to steal files with names such as "exam" or "test questions" has reportedly been discovered by a Chinese Internet security firm.

The "exam theft" virus is capable of infecting Microsoft Word and Excel files and uploading targeted documents onto the Net, the Shanghai Daily News reports. The paper reports that there is a thriving trade in black-market exam papers and implies this might have motivated the creation of the virus.

However Beijing-based Jiangmin Science Technology, which first reported the virus, was unable to back up this aspect of the story. "We haven't found a direct link between the new virus and the exam paper leak that occurred two months ago," Cao Lingxiang, a PR official at Jiangmin Science Technology told the Shanghai Daily News.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back