Chiefsters yankee thread

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Come on you pansy-arse Red Sox Fans - you better be watching this soon to be beat down.

It will disgust me if they boo John Damon too, he was a cornerstone for that team for years :eek:

Tune into the game - should be a great one.

Re: Yankees vs. Red Sox

Joe DiMaggio FTW !!!

Hey the Rangers are out, need something else to occupy my time until f00tball starts again ;)

Go Sox. Joy.

Revenge will be had tonight!!!!

Muahaha.

Wankees v/s Botox

Har.

Sadly I hate to admit, tonight will be very tough. That's why I was hoping they would win last night, as Beckett is pitching for the Sox tonight and he's been near untouchable.

When will the Yankees realize they won't win another series with a bunch of 35+ year olds? Especially when it comes to pitching. Always trading away young talent for has beens such as Randy Johnson.

Randy and Moose are having a solid season so far, Pitching for the most part hasn't been their problem. They have games where they can pitch, but can't hit, or vice-versa. The last week or so they have started to come together a bit, last night just had a few bone-headed plays.

But you have to remember, Steinbrenner is a money whore, he does whatever he THINKS it takes - and to him that is PROVEN, in most cases "experienced" (older) pitchers.

It's not like the Yankees have a bad team Matt. They are right up there with the best in the game. EVERY season.

He's just looking at it the same way Georgie boy does, no Ring, season is a failure :(

The Yankees are sort of like the Wings in hockey. Fill the team with superstars, and they have a great season. Then the playoffs come around and they crash.

Note: this is from my limited knowledge of baseball, so it may in fact be all wrong.

Ice hockey sucks.

I can't believe people are still shelling out for those greedy players.

They destroyed the game for me.

Sazar said:
Ice hockey sucks.

I can't believe people are still shelling out for those greedy players.

They destroyed the game for me.

Blah blah blah blah blah. Maybe it has to do with Tampa Bay getting destroyed by Ottawa?

*runs*

Grandmaster said:
The Yankees are sort of like the Wings in hockey. Fill the team with superstars, and they have a great season. Then the playoffs come around and they crash.

Note: this is from my limited knowledge of baseball, so it may in fact be all wrong.

You know, you are right. It's not like they have the most World Championships in Baseball, and almost in all of sports. The ONLY team in Baseball that if they don't win every year they are said to be in a slump. They have made the playoffs the last 9 years straight, ever since Jeter came up.

Grandmaster said:
Blah blah blah blah blah. Maybe it has to do with Tampa Bay getting destroyed by Ottawa?

*runs*

If I actually watched hockey this season, perhaps that would have a semblance of truth.

I was a regular. I bought a lot of stuff. I played my part.

What the players did was absolutely in-excusable and the fact people still support them is just dumb-founding.

Maybe Ken Lay should be supported too, even though he's a total douche and a thief.

kcnychief said:
You know, you are right. It's not like they have the most World Championships in Baseball, and almost in all of sports. The ONLY team in Baseball that if they don't win every year they are said to be in a slump. They have made the playoffs the last 9 years straight, ever since Jeter came up.

My sarcasm meter is detecting some activity...

Oh and, winning the US championship = world championship? ;)

Sazar said:
If I actually watched hockey this season, perhaps that would have a semblance of truth.

I was a regular. I bought a lot of stuff. I played my part.

What the players did was absolutely in-excusable and the fact people still support them is just dumb-founding.

Maybe Ken Lay should be supported too, even though he's a total douche and a thief.

I guess people are crazy about hockey. It's a huge part of the culture, especially up North and cities that have had teams for decades. A single strike for a year won't erase everything. Even I was dissappointed with the lockout, and I really haven't watched any of the season but the playoffs I find it hard to not watch. Anyway, my bad for dragging this off topic. :p

Yes, winning the U.S. Championship is the World Champsionhip. Although Baseball is a world-wide played sport, is it pre-dominant in the U.S.

I didn't make the rules :D

Japan are the world champs :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back