Cherry OS

Are they serious?

Ehm...

aretheyserious1nl.jpg

Think this has to do with the fact that PearPC are building a lawsuit against them?

American Zombie said:
Think this has to do with the fact that PearPC are building a lawsuit against them?
Releasing the source will not only loose them money (ie: no one's going to pay for something they can compile themselves, especially a $99 rip off.) but it will also prove they stole source, although I'd imagine they'll try and cover that up as best they can before releasing the source... if they do that is.

themafia.69 said:
wtf is the goat for?
If you need ask. :rolleyes:

Maybe take a look at http://www.gnu.org/

Yeah read about this. They are just are trying to keep from getting sued. I saw a post on /. that shows that even though they are now trying to get out of trouble by following GPL they may have already lost their right to use the PearPC source by doing what they did. So in the end they could probably still be sued perhaps?

*edit* -
4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.

*Happy Dance*

Had completely forgot about CherryOS until I spotted a mention of Tiger on PearPC, so remembering that CherryOS was supposed to magically go open source on the first of May, I headed over to the site... Well guess who's site has disappeared? :D
Code:
NuStyle:~ davidkerry$ host cherryos.com
Host cherryos.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
NuStyle:~ davidkerry$ host www.cherryos.com
Host www.cherryos.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
NuStyle:~ davidkerry$
Code:
Domain Name: CHERRYOS.COM
Registrar: OMNIS NETWORK, LLC
Whois Server: whois.omnis.com
Referral URL: http://domains.omnis.com
Name Server: NS1.OMNIS.COM
Name Server: NS2.OMNIS.COM
[b]Updated Date: 03-may-2005[/b]
Creation Date: 12-jul-2004
Expiration Date: 12-jul-2005
Seems to be missing from the Maui X-Stream Products page also.

Anyone surprised? :p

SPeedY_B said:
Seems to be missing from the Maui X-Stream Products page also.

Anyone surprised? :p
I'm not surprised at all. They also have a new "project" that has stolen code now. I forgot what it is now though. :p

I have decided that the whole mac-alike type thing is retarded. If you want to use your computer like a mac, then get a mac. lol

Xie said:
I'm not surprised at all. They also have a new "project" that has stolen code now. I forgot what it is now though. :p
Really? Interesting. Stupid, but interesting :)

Bman™ said:
I have decided that the whole mac-alike type thing is retarded. If you want to use your computer like a mac, then get a mac. lol
Ehm, good for you?

SPeedY_B said:
Really? Interesting. Stupid, but interesting :)
Yeah if I get bored (or you do) I'll take a look @ /. and see if I can find it.

Goyuix writes "In their latest commercial venture, Maui X-Stream, the now infamous company behind Cherry OS, has recently launched a suite of tools that once again takes advantage of GPL'd code to get their dirty work done... This time it is a set of video encoding, streaming and display tools. A choice quote from SourceForge: 'There are boundled dshow filters, string, toolbars, dialogs, command line switches, etc..., which can be verified easily by just running the applications and taking a look, or a bit harder by analysing the memory dump'. Is the situation getting worse or is community just getting better at finding the violators?"

some people will never learn :D

Good work. My 2sec memory forgot all about that as soon as I hit submit. :p

The last bite on CherryOS

I decided that C-OS is not worth the hassle, not now or in the future. C-OS went to work without brushing its teeth or taking a shower, it was not ready.

Other current open source projects are progressing to the desired product; Qemu will soon support OS X and lead the way. Or maybe I am wrong and someone else will make a fast lead.

I love my Mac and would never switch back, sure I use my PC for work but that is just a bad habit that I am trying to get rid of. A friend of mine asked me why I am still creating software for Windows and that question is not getting out of my head. Oh yeah, I know - everyone out there who has their certain opinion about me will have their great comment hour right now. Its ok I expect that anyway.

Now what?

Don't know and won't know for a while.

I will go kite boarding or go fishing, get some air before I go back to my beloved square box. Tiger is great, amazing features and I love the hidden details. Don't know how Longhorn is going to compete with this OS now, would love to know what BG has planned for the future of Windows other than the marketing details.

What will change everything is WIFIMAX, wow it will be the first step into a security nightmare and communication dreamland.

Awh... bless. Funny how giving up means that he doesn't have to admit to being a complete thief, a liar, and admit to doing wrong. I guess people like this will always take the easy route out.

I wonder if anyone out there actually bought the software in genuine faith? I'd be slightly pissed off if I had.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back