Checkdisk with chkdsk

avdhorst

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi,

I have still using XP for a while now.
I have a little problem with the startup, when XP starts he will first check all my harddisks with chkdsk. I thought it was once, but he will do it every start. But there are now any problems with my disks.
I think there is something marked as check, maybe in the registry or else but i cannot find it.
Anyone knows this problem and how i can disable this.

Regards,
Lex van der Horst.

You have 2 possibilities :
use NDD and resolv all problems before ( or after ) chkdsk .
Go to : run-regedit- HKEY-CURRENTUSER-SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT-WINDOWS-CURRENT VERSION-RUN : and see what programs starts with windows .
Yes another method : run - msconfig - startup program , unchek what u need .

Originally posted by Cosmin
You have 2 possibilities :
use NDD and resolv all problems before ( or after ) chkdsk .
Go to : run-regedit- HKEY-CURRENTUSER-SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT-WINDOWS-CURRENT VERSION-RUN : and see what programs starts with windows .
Yes another method : run - msconfig - startup program , unchek what u need .

Thanks for your reaction....but her some more details:

The checkdisk will no start inside XP but chkdsk starts before the GUI. When it's done then the GUI will startup normally. The checkdisk log give no any problems. When i startup again then the checkdisk procedure will start again, like a endless loop.

When i start NDD and i checked the disks, the XP forces to start this procedure outside XP.

I think when the procedure ends it will something checked off inside the registry. But this will not done on my machine. Keep in mind, thats what i think.

Regards,
Lex van der Horst.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back